The West Oakland Environmental Indicators Project is a small, multigenerational team that values direct and open communication, power-sharing and leadership development, acknowledging our own and each others’ unique lived experiences and relationships to privilege, and centering the voices of those most impacted by our work.
Working at WOEIP is an opportunity to put our shared principles of environmental justice to work every day.
- Self examination and evaluation
- Radical confidence
- Struggle is healthy
- Unity without uniformity
- Trust in the process
- Resident-based power through knowledge and political engagement
- Personal and organizational integrity
- Respect for the individual and the individual experience
- Courage to speak truth to power
- Loyalty to allies and an understanding of self-interest
- Leadership by affected persons
We have no open roles at this time.
Working at WOEIP
We are a small team that values power-sharing, acknowledging our own and each others’ unique lived experiences and relationships to privilege, and centering the voices of those most impacted by our work. This requires a commitment to direct and open communication, and working through conflict rather than avoiding it. We want everyone to feel they have a voice on our team.
We’re happy to offer the following benefits (subject to updates):
- Competitive salaries, including a starting baseline of $65,000 for all employees regardless of role, calculated using the Living Wage Calculator and adjusted based on market research
- Unlimited paid time off (and the leeway to use it!)
- Comprehensive paid health, dental, and vision coverage
- Retirement plan with up to 5% match
- Additional monthly benefits stipend
- Hybrid work environment (currently Tuesdays and Thursdays in the office)
WOEIP is an equal-opportunity employer. We especially welcome candidates who identify as Black, Indigenous, people of color, LGBTQ+, or other underrepresented or historically marginalized groups, as well as those with connections to West Oakland. If you need accommodation for a disability during the application process, please let us know.